School-Wide Goals at CIS:
- Inform and guide strategic and action planning
- Guide professional development planning and funding at the whole school, school division, and individual levels (including teacher PGPs)
- Inform school staffing and guide budget preparation and procurement
- Are communicated to and discussed with students, parents, and teachers
- Are both responsive to year on year feedback and linked to three-year plans
1. Curriculum Development: Investigate and prepare for the implementation of the New Alberta Curriculum SK-Gr 4. Ensure awareness and readiness for the new curriculum at the remaining grade levels as appropriate based on the published timeline.
2. IB Preparation: Engagement with professional development for all staff on IB Philosophy and Approaches to Teaching and Learning. Delivery of focused PD for secondary staff preparing for IBDP Authorization targeted for August 2021. The introduction of CAS as an integral part of our school guiding community service and our community relationships.
3. English Language Learners and Learning: Building an understanding and school culture that we are all language teachers. Participation for all faculty in targeted ELL professional development and an emphasis on the use of best practices to support the English language learning of our students.
4. The Use of Data to Drive School Improvement: Continue to embed the use of Alberta Accountability Pillar feedback (including Provincial Testing results) and CAT results to guide curriculum planning, program development, and classroom practice through the analysis of student achievement, and student, teacher, and parent surveys.
To download the School-Wide Goals, click here.