School-Wide Goals at CIS:
- Inform and guide strategic and action planning
- Guide professional development planning and funding at the whole school, school division, and individual levels (including teacher PGPs)
- Inform school staffing and guide budget preparation and procurement
- Are communicated to and discussed with students, parents, and teachers
- Are both responsive to year on year feedback and linked to Alberta Education three-year plans
1. Curriculum Development: Continue discussion and development of common expectations for planning and documentation including embedding “CIS Best Practices” for curriculum development within the professional practice of faculty.
2. Collaboration: Using grade level, department, and division teaching teams to effectively develop and standardize the CIS Phnom Penh academic program to best meet the needs of our students and encourage academic development and excellence.
3. Inquiry Focused Pedagogy: In support of both the Alberta program and in preparation for the IB Diploma Program, a renewed focus on discussion and sharing of inquiry-based teaching and learning strategies and practices.
4. English Language Learners and Learning: Continuing to build an understanding and school culture that we are all language teachers. Participation for all faculty in targeted ELL professional development and an emphasis on the use of best practices to support the English language learning of our students..
5. Health and Safety: In recognition of the current worldwide pandemic, a focus for the whole staff on keeping our school community healthy and safe. This will include not only COVID 19 prevention efforts, but increased wellness support through Student Support, the school nurses, and Child Protection teams.