CIS PARENTS ORGANIZATION (CISPO)
Your input is invaluable! Research has shown that students’ education is enhanced when parents actively participate in their school.
All CIS parents are encouraged to participate in CISPO, either through its monthly meetups or other activities. Help make a positive contribution to the school!
To find out more information or get involved, send an email to our Parent Relations Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
MISSION and CORE VALUES OF CISPO
At its first meeting in October 2018, CISPO elaborated the following mission/vision statement, based on CIS’s own mission and vision:
“The Canadian International School’s Parent Organization’s purpose is to support the CIS vision of ‘empowering students to be active and engaged participants who think globally and act locally with integrity’ by providing a proactive and encouraging environment, bridging the gap between parents, staff and teachers to enhance the CIS community and experience through collaboration.”
The core values, roles and focus of this parent organization will be to:
- Help streamline/promote communication between students, parents and the school;
- Foster supportive partnerships;
- Act as welcoming ambassadors for new and existing parents — arranging, assisting and translating for new parents when needed. This will be supported by the school as well;
- Support community building within and outside of the school through parent meetings, school events and volunteering where needed;
- Strengthen the relationship between parents and the school through collaboration and positive feedback and involvement.